Aims and research areas
The Laboratory of Digital Marketing and Strategic Communication aims at the development of interdisciplinary study and research in the fields of Communication Marketing, focusing on Digital Marketing.
It is involved in:
- Marketing of Digital Innovations on the Internet and in the social media,
- Marketing and entrepreneurship of newly-founded enterprisesviathe Internet, digital business models, social entrepreneurship and strategic communication,
- Political Marketing on the Internet and in the social media; Digital Marketing for politicians, members of the parliament and political parties; efficient management of the communication processes and the digital marketing tools related to political activities and electoral campaigns;developing digital tools, methods and tactics within the framework of a strategic political marketing,
- Cultural Marketing and Arts Marketing in the age of the Internet for theatres, festivals, museums, theopera, theme parks, galleries, cultural events, exhibitions, sports clubs, artists (actors and singers), historical monuments, music schools, libraries, tourist and archaeological attractions and for all cultural organisations; marketing of tourist products and travel destinations,
- Marketing for institutions/foundations, bodies and non-profit organizations,
- Marketing for public and local bodies, using the Internet and e-government,
- Social and ecological marketing in the digital age, corporate social responsibility and crisis management,
- Strategic Marketing of Communications, creation of a strong image and brandname, creative ideas, creation of content and image, implementation of campaigns, creation of webpages, strategic mechanisms in search engines, marketing through mobile telephony, electronic messages and web information letters, e-advertising,e-wom, interactive marketing, strategic management of brand products.
Mission and Activities
The mission and activities of the laboratory focus on the following:
- to offer courses in the graduate and postgraduate programmes of the School of Journalism and Mass Communications as well as the Faculty of Economic and Political Sciences and other Schools of the University,
- to develop and support doctoral and postdoctoral research in the aforementioned areas,
- to conduct research, provide consulting services but also develop and implement a complete communication campaign placing emphasis on digital media for public, local, political, private and non-profit organisations according to the law,
- to collaborate with other laboratories, research centres, institutes, and other organisations abroad and to implementinternational research programmes in collaboration with other institutions,
- to organisespecialised educational seminars and further training of graduates, professionals, journalists, communicators, including seniorexecutivesof other institutions,
- to organise conferences, lectures and meetings withdistinguishedGreekand foreign scientists and researchers,
- to create a library equipped with the research results, the archived material and case studies that will be used for future research and educational activities; to create a database for the best practices of strategic communication,
- to certify the effectiveness of each communication campaign.
The laboratory is locatedin the School’s building, on 46, Egnatia street.
Head of the Laboratory
George Tsourvakas, Professor, email: email@example.com
PeriklisPolitis, Professor, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DimitriosLivanios, Asst.Professor, email: email@example.com
Marina Tzoannopoulou, Asst. Professor, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fani Galatsopoulou, Special Teaching Fellow, email: email@example.com
IoannaGoulaptsi, PhD Candidate, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ParaskeuiDekoulou, PhD Candidate, email: email@example.com
ProdromosMonastiridis, PhD Candidate, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
VagiaMochla, PhD Candidate, email: email@example.com
KiriakosRiskos, PhD Candidate, email: firstname.lastname@example.org